Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update

My three readers (all of whom I know on a first name basis) should feel less self-conscious about writing in. Here is the latest update. I was very pleased with the turnout and reception to Amy's class. Very heartening to see. I finished up the Q and A that will appear in the next issue of Catamaran, featuring Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston, and tonight I am going to a special reception for the magazine and its supporters. Slightly nervous that I will get lost on the way to the party. It will be up in Pasatiempo -- I hardly know that area at all. Still reading many books -- especially Katherine Boo's Behind The Beautiful Forevers, though I've been cheating on it with other things -- and juggling  projects, though I've made a New Year's Resolution to finish every long form and short form piece that I begin. This means that I'll need to put finishing touches on two profiles I am writing and finish the first short story I've written in decades, and maybe even send it out somewhere if I can work up the nerve. Hoping to teach or co-teach a workshop or writing class soon. All for now. Looking forward to seeing all three of you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - I'm happy about your current writing goals and achievements.

cactuseaters said...

Thank you, Anonymous. You are one of four people, but I can't figure out which one.