Friday, October 01, 2010

Absolutely not going to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass

..because the logistics, this time around, will simply be too much for me, but I am hoping to live vicariously through those of you who are going. If you are going, do me a favor and see the following groups or individuals so you can report back to me and Cactuseaters about what you saw:
-- The Dukes of September Rhythm Review Featuring Donald Fagen (!!!), Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald.
-- Doc Watson
-- Emmylou Harris
-- Earl Scruggs
-- Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes
-- Robert Earl Keen (for whom my pet cat is named.)
-- Nick Lowe
-- Randy Newman (!!!!!)
-- The Flatlanders
-- Rosanne Cash
--Hot Tuna Electric
-- Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (!)

And if you go, please don't blow pot into people's faces and talk loudly throughout the entire thing. Or yell out requests for "Every Day I Write The Book" during Elvis's set.

No comments: