Monday, August 16, 2010

PVHS Reunion at MotoArt


Had a great time at the PVHS reunion. Still, I sensed I was growing older when my father, who drove me to the event, walked into the venue and asked if we were in the right place -- and someone came up to him and asked if he was part of my graduation class! (My Dad just turned 84 years old.) It was great to catch up with everyone, and the venue looked like a bit of Soma right in the middle of Torrance, CA. It was part aircraft hangar, part art gallery, with bits of airplane rejiggered as furniture, sculpture, etc.

Had to cut out earlier than expected after imbibing a mysterious libation known as a "Sea King.'' Will not confirm or deny rumors that my parents drove me home from this event.

3 comments:

catklein said...

I want to hear more!

cactuseaters said...

I may have to create a follow-up post -- it was an eventful evening, with a good DYI feel to it. There were lots of surprises (people I did not expect to see as well as no-shows.)

cactuseaters said...

oops, I meant DIY, as in Do It Yourself. (I think I need another cup of coffee.)