Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wheezing my way across the Golden Gate Bridge ...

Don't be alarmed if you see a guy in a black Nike hat wheezing his way across the Golden Gate Bridge and up into the Marin Headlands tomorrow (unless I pass out along the way.) Every year I do some sort of outlandish and very long birthday trail run or hike, and this year will be no exception. This will also be my first significant training run before the San Francisco Marathon, which I am planning on running a second time. (By the way, please don't honk if you see me. I startle very easily.)

2 comments:

brian said...

Sounds great-- enjoy Dan!
And happy bday!

cactuseaters said...

Thanks, Brian. I made it from the Upper Haight all the way across the Golden Gate Bridge and back. (the winds were pretty intense on the bridge. I'm pretty wiped out for the week, but at least I know I'm in good shape to start marathon training in earnest! d