Monday, August 03, 2009

Advice for today: ramp up your confidence with a fake "power salute"


Sometimes - especially during a long recession -- you need to "fake it 'til you make it.'' Here is a heavily pixilated photo of me doing just that: making a fake power salute and victory gesture at the end of last week's marathon. At the moment this picture was taken, I did not feel victorious; in truth, I was exhausted and wanted to fall to my knees and possibly vomit. In spite of this, I used my last little bit of energy to pump my fist at a camera man perched over the finish line.

This strategy worked; it took the edge off my exhaustion, and helped me pick up my speed at the end.

The woman in front of me looks very bummed out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but which one are you in photo, there are two guys in photo doing victory salutes

cactuseaters said...

...but i said quite clearly in the blog entry that the 'woman in front of me looks very bummed out'

cactuseaters said...

...but i said quite clearly in the blog entry that the 'woman in front of me looks very bummed out'

Anonymous said...

but she's in front of both of you